Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Jan 18 and Jan 19

Jan 18 (Monday) 6:00 PM
I didn’t go to class yesterday because I still wasn’t feeling well so everyone was wondering what I was. Especially the classes that got to start their civil engineering projects today (or at least were supposed to). The class – for the most part – seems to be happy with this project so far. The 8th grade classes didn’t get to start the project today because the Prime Minister of Nepal visited the school today. The school has been in the newspaper many times since I have been here so he came to check out what the school was about. It was a huge deal (of course) with the armed guards and posted snipers the entire time he was there (which was probably about 2 hours…if that). I got to be with the paparazzi people and the news crews taking pictures for the school. I was glad I brought my camera today. I really had brought it to take pictures of the students and their project so the timing worked out well for me. Another school had come as well and they gave a presentation which was really just the dress of the different cultures of Nepal. They were all so cute! It was very warm today so the students started to get restless as the PM gave his presentation today but you should have seen their smiles when he talked to them. They also had a nun who is famous to this school for some reason and also a famous TV start there. What a fun day for the students. I hope they get to be on the news! One newscaster wants me to talk to him before I leave for the village. That would be an awesome Newspaper article…haha. Tomorrow they actually get to start their civil engineering projects. I hope they have fun!

Jan 19 (Tuesday) 1:00 PM
Recipe approximation I watched:
~1 Tbs cumin
~1 tsp salt
2 garlic cloves
1 sliced carrot
2+ chopped cabbage – maybe bok choy or spinach
~3 c old rice

Sauté vegetables in oil and add seasoning, when tender add rice to warm.

Jan 19 (Tuesday) 9:00
Well I guess it is holiday again tomorrow. I never find out very far in advance. Anyway, now there is no school (or at least no classes) because of the festival. So tomorrow I am going to get a dress to wear for festivals since I am assuming there will be more. Today I went to the social tours office again. Not really for any particular purpose other than making some temporary plans for life coaching and trekking and maybe some other adventures. I tried to take pictures of the traffic but the organized chaos just can’t be captured on film. That will have to be left to words I guess. However, I could not get pictures of some amazing things like one guy on a motorcycle with three children off the back of a woman sitting “side saddle” on the back of a bike or a woman sitting on the back with her child on one knee being held with one arm a little too casually. In the Kathmandu traffic it was scary for me to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment