Sunday, October 10, 2010

Jan 9 and Jan 11

Jan 9 (sat) 10:45 AM
Part-way through the epic pastry-making process:
“Easy to eat – difficult to make” –Pemba

Jan 11 (mon) 10:15 PM
Yesterday was a strike. The vehicles could not drive although there were some motorcycles that risked the punishment if they got caught. Raj told me that a general strike is supposed to be where people follow the strike if they agree with the topic. However, now the Maoist party tells businesses to shut down or the strike “or else” so it looks like they had a successful strike. School was closed and Pemba and I went to a monastery. The sky yesterday and today were actually a beautiful blue for the first time. I could see the mountains and I wasn’t choking on the polluted air. We walked many miles and it was a beautiful day. I would have liked to be in shorts and tank top while walking, but everyone was in coats and pants. I did have to go down to a T-shirt because I was just too warm. How are they in coats?!

Pemba and I went out for Thomba which is a millet wine and cheese momo with Yak cheese. Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment